Professional Transportation, Inc.
Need something to fill up your free time and earn a little extra money?
Do you enjoy the freedom of the open road? Do you need a more flexible schedule?
Would you like to have an opportunity to advance with a company? Want an exciting job for retirement? Can we count on you?
Are you safe enough? Want to take on the challenge of keeping people safe?
Could you be the driver we are looking for?
Perks of working for PTI:
- Freedom to work outside of a building
- No heavy lifting/long distance walking involved
- Home every day (unless hours are maximized or weather prohibits travel)
- Supplement retirement income
- Room for advancement within the company
- Medical insurance after probation period
- Flexible hours – Full/Part time available, nights and weekends
- Holiday Pay after probation period (must have worked)
- Meet interesting people
- Paid vacation time after 1 year with company
- 401(k) after 1 year with the company
- Safety recognition, awards, and incentives
- Drug free work force
- On the job training
- Discounted cellphone plans on contracted plans
- Work out of the elements
- Personal Days – 3 Unpaid Days
- Company Provided Vehicles
Interested? You will need to meet the following:
- Have a valid state driver’s license issued by the state of proposed employment
- Must live within 30 minutes of the location for which you are applying
- Have at least 5 years of verifiable driving experience
- Must not have a physical impairment preventing him or her driving safely, or from performing the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in English
- Must be able to use a GPS/Technology System, read and understand roadmaps
- Ability to lift and pull up to 15 pounds
- Must be able to climb in and out of the vehicle
- Must be able to bend to inspect the undercarriage of a vehicle and tires
- Must be able to manually open and close all doors and hatches on the vehicle
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening, a 3 year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check, background check, and driving performance test
Drivers must meet these requirements and all other requirements as determined by PTI, its customers and/or its insurance company, at all times to remain employed as a PTI driver. It is the responsibility of the employee to report any and all moving violations to his or her supervisor immediately.
What would you be doing?
Drivers are responsible for safely transporting railroad crews to their destination on time, while adhering to federal, state and local traffic laws, as well as PTI’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Driving vehicles in a safe manner
- Provide excellent customer service
- Report to work at the designated need time and location
- Report any defects, mechanical problems, or missing items to your Branch Manager
- Perform a vehicle inspection
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding PTI’s business secrets
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Past professional driving experience are preferred but not required
*This job description does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the Company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
[button color=”#ffffff” background=”#143c7e” size=”large” src=”http://ptidrivers.unitedevv.com/driverapplication/driverapplication.php”]APPLY HERE[/button]