Professional Transportation, Inc.
Business is booming – come along for the ride!
Professional Transportation, Inc. (PTI) is now hiring for drivers for
our operations in the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) field!
We are looking for safe, friendly, positive, dependable, customer service focused drivers
who have compassion and patience to transport our customers to doctor’s appointments.
These might include dialysis, physical therapy, pharmacies,
or any other medical appointments they may have.
Full time positions are available! No experience is necessary!
Past experience with wheelchair/paratransit vehicles would be a plus.
This is a Monday-Friday day time job with the occasional Saturday.
Must be willing to work overtime and weekends if needed.
Company will provide paid training, vehicle to use when transporting customers, and a fuel card.
Perks of working for PTI – NEMT:
- Freedom to work outside of a building
- No heavy lifting/long distance walking involved
- Home every day (unless hours are maximized or weather prohibits travel)
- Room for advancement within the company
- Holiday pay after probation period (must have worked)
- Meet interesting people
- Drug free work force
- On the job training
- Discounted cellphone plans on contracted plans
- Work out of the elements
- Company Provided Vehicles
Interested? You will need to meet the following:
- Have a valid state driver’s license issued by the state of proposed employment
- Must live within 30 minutes of the location for which you are applying
- Have at least 5 years of verifiable driving experience
- Be 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening, a 3-year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check, background check, and driving performance test
- Must not have a physical impairment preventing him or her driving safely, or from performing the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in English
- Must be able to use a GPS/Technology System, read and understand roadmaps
- Ability to lift and pull up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to climb in and out of the vehicle
- Must be able to bend to inspect the undercarriage of a vehicle and tires
- Must be able to manually open and close all doors and hatches on the vehicle
Drivers must meet these requirements and all other requirements as determined by PTI, its customers and/or its insurance company, at all times to remain employed as a PTI driver. It is the responsibility of the employee to report any and all moving violations to his or her supervisor immediately.
What would you be doing?
Drivers are responsible for safely transporting our customer’s to and from doctor’s appointments, dialysis, physical therapy, pharmacies, or any other medical appointments on time, while adhering to federal, state and local traffic laws, as well as PTI’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Driving vehicles in a safe manner
- Provide reliable, courteous and respectful customer service
- Report to pickups at the required need time and location to ensure passengers timely arrival for appointments
- Report any defects, mechanical problems, or missing items to your Manager
- Perform a vehicle inspection while refueling vehicle
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding PTI’s business secrets and customer information
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
*This job description does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the Company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
Who we are:
Professional Transportation, Inc. (PTI) was founded in 1980 and began its operations serving as a crew transportation service for the railroad. Our main focus is on safety, dependability and on-time performance. PTI’s Field Support Center is located in Evansville, Indiana with managers and regional offices strategically placed throughout the United States. PTI has evolved into a multifaceted transportation organization and is always looking for growth opportunities in other parts of the industry.
[button color=”#ffffff” background=”#143c7e” size=”large” src=”/careers/resume-upload/”]APPLY HERE[/button]